The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B is out now. This latest model includes 802.11n WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, and a quad-core 64-bit ARM Cortex A53 running at 1.2 GHz. It’s a usable desktop computer. Available now at the usual Pi retailers for $35.
Finally! It has built-in Wi-Fi module, thanks to BCM43143 chip. So no more wi-fi dongles are needed. Also Pi 3 itself is 50% faster than Pi 2. And there benefits goes at the same cost as previous model.
- SoC: Broadcom BCM2837 (roughly 50% faster than the Pi 2)
- CPU: 1.2 GHZ quad-core ARM Cortex A53 (ARMv8 Instruction Set)
- GPU: Broadcom VideoCore IV @ 400 MHz
- Memory: 1 GB LPDDR2-900 SDRAM
- USB ports: 4
- Network: 10/100 MBPS Ethernet, 802.11n Wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.0
Check out more info on the official Raspberry Pi site
P.S. I already have 5 different Pi models at home and looks like I need more of them ! 🙂